Friday, March 20, 2009

Old Age is drawing closer...

I received a photo via email the other day. It was an ultrasound image of a new baby - our first great-grandchild. Can you believe it?? I know I am having a hard time with that reality. I am way too young to be a great-grandmother, I am not yet 59 years old, but there it is in all its magnificence ... a baby. What a blessing.

It sure causes one to wonder where the time goes. Those days roll into months and then years, as if in the blinking of an eye and one day it will be over, snuffed out like a candle.

What legacy will I be leaving behind? It certainly makes me think.

1 comment:

Warren Baldwin said...

I preached for ten years in Cody, WY and visited/preached in Montana quite a bit. I miss both states a lot! Enjoy your stories. I recently posted an article on my Family Fountain blog entitled, "God Made Grandparents." I'd like to invite you to check it out and let me know what you think.
Warren
http://warrenbaldwin.blogspot.com/2009/03/god-made-grandparents.html