Saturday, January 3, 2009

Onward with 2009

Well it's 2009. A new year - a clean slate on which to write this year's resolutions. What should they be? Eat right, exercise more ... those two should top the list for sure. What goals should I set for myself? Life is ticking away.... tic toc tic toc... and that proverbial roll is getting closer to the end... what is it I want to be when I grow up? I look at that year ... 2009... next year I will be 60. How did I get to be so old? Where oh where have those years gone? I don't feel 60... I think the time has come to sit down and evaluate my life. I received the book, 1001 Things To See Before I Die, a couple of years ago. I stopped reading it when I heard myself say .. been there, been there, saw that, oh been there too... thought I should quit before I reached 1001st thing I have already seen .. then what is the 1002nd thing to see .. the pearly gates. Well I guess that is not such a bad site to see. Hmm, back to my evaluation, my bucket list, what should top the list... let me think.... maybe I had better mull this over a breakfast of bacon and eggs... guess I can scratch "eat right" off the top of the list.... maybe I will change that to "eat right now"....

1 comment:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Happy New Year...may you be blessed with every good blessing that comes from above.